Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Let go...

While I was in Dallas I learned a lot about prayer and giving things up to God. I felt like I had done that in so many ways when I went there for the summer. I could have moved back home and started my long journey into the unemployment world sooner. Or, I could have met some of the most amazing kids, and leasons ever, first of all, giving things up.

On one of our last days of the internship, one of co-workers spoke about the his graduation and what he was struggling with. Was he going to go work some entry level marketing position or was he going to go with his heart, mission work? The struggle he fought really struck me. It stuck with me. I never did get around to saying thank you to him, though. Thank you to this co-worker for letting me that it is okay to tell God that, "I don't know what to do. Please help." And sometimes you have to wait for an answer. This whole situation that I am in feels like a really long waiting period. Way too long. I pray about it and seek out answers by looking for opportunities but so far things haven't quite come together.

While things haven't completely come together, I have gained enough confidence to at least stepped out of my comfort zone of monster.com, craigslist.com, and careerbuilder.com. Earlier this week I did go to that job fair and today I spent a good chunk of the day out and about trying to find something to do. First, I went to a pretty large job fair put together by the newspaper and then hopped, skipped, and jumped over the highway to a temp agency. The temp thing may be a good step, but we'll just have to see. I have something else to look forward to.

I returned home to a message on the answering machine. Apperently, people do, sometimes, leave voicemails. After resolving some issues over an e-mail. I set up an interview for tomorrow with a local faith based non-profit for another internship like position.

Letting go is very hard. Sometimes when you think you've got it all "gone" it really isn't. Asking God for direction is hard too, because, we are human and are blessed with insecurities, self confidence issues, jealously, and all those other bad things. But, then I remember that one verse that my summer began with, "For I know the plans for you." Jeremiah 29:11.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com