Friday, December 14, 2007

Weather and its impact on life

This week's weather has been horrible. I don't think I've seen the sun at all. It's been under 65 degrees four of the five work days and rainy/foggy for all five. Driving in it is horrible and working next to a window with a constant reminder of the crappy world outside is even worse.

So, I chose not to think this weather would affect my work ethic, but in some aspects it did. By the time I could feel the temperature dip below 60 I felt like curling up in a little ball, saying "I quit," and leaving. Well, that would be ridiculous, but I know some people did it because we lost some more people, again. I just don't understand that. Anyway. This window seat I have looks out to the highway and everyone driving on it. I want to go shopping every second of the day instead of doing my job. I just daydream about being in one of Lexuses I see driving by at 3 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. Do those people work? Have they ever worked a day in their lives? Were they just lucky? Do they know what we do in the office they drive past to get to their ritzy shopping center? Most probably not...but the weather just gets me thinking about how horrible life can be sometimes.

Then, I snap back into reality and say, "What the heck are you thinking? You have a house, a family, a job, and most things you want in the world." Quit your whining. I thank God every night that I have the things I have. I also ask for the strength to continue on with what I'm doing. It may not be where I will be in the future, but I do have the faith that it will lead me to where I need to be in my life. I don't know where that future is, and honestly knowing where that future is kind of scares me. All I know is that the sun will come out, some time. Maybe not tomorrow, but sometime. I just need to be patient.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com